- Application form for participation in the conference (in *.doc 2,6Kb)
The Ministry of Culture and Public Relations of the Republic of Karelia in collaboration with Petrozavodsk State University research institute in the field of historical and theoretical problems of national architecture kindly invite You to take part in the Second International Workshop Conference Wooden Architecture as a Phenomenon of National Culture.
The Conference will be held on 22-25 June, 2010 in the Republic of Karelia widely known for its numerous wooden architecture monuments and traditional villages in a good state of preservation, complete fragments of historical architectural and landscape environment.
Purposes of the conference are to discuss significance of traditions and wooden architecture monuments in the culture of modern society, to exchange experience in studying and preservation of architectural heritage, its inclusion in the modern life of the republic and in the framework of international cooperation.
The following issues are planned to be discussed at the Conference:
- research of traditional wooden architecture in the context of history and culture of the region;
- preservation of the wooden architecture objects;
- preservation, reconstruction and development of traditional rural architectural and landscape environment: ideology, projects, implementation (law, socio-economic, environmental, architectural, historical, cultural and other aspects);
- information technologies in research and monitoring of the state of historical villages and specific monuments;
- graphic and constructive systems of the traditional wooden architecture in professional art of construction.
Russian and English are official working languages of the conference.
The deadline for applications for participation in the conference is February 5, 2010. Please send your application forms to the following address:
Mrs. Julia Alipova, Chief of the Department for Cultural Heritage Preservation
Ministry of Culture and Public Relations of Republic of Karelia
Lenin square 2, Petrozavodsk,Republic of Karelia, 185035, Russia
The notification of acceptance will be sent to the conference participants by February 15, 2010.
The organizers of the conference hope that during the conference there will be established an effective mechanism for cooperation between the Russian and international scientific communities and authorities in the sphere of studying and preservation of wooden architecture as a unique natural, cultural tangible and intangible heritage of the Republic of Karelia.
The conference is held under fhe financial support of the Nordic Cultural Fund.