The Department of the Federal Service for State Registration, Cadastral Records and Cartography for the Republic of Karelia (hereinafter – the Department) was founded on May 5, 2010 in the performance of the order of the Federal Service for State Registration, Cadastral Records and Cartography Concerning Some Territorial Bodies of the Federal Service for State Registration, Cadastral Records and Cartography от 08.02.2010 №п/41.
In the course of reorganization the Office of the Federal Agency of the Cadastre of Real Estate Objects for the Republic of Karelia merged with the Department of the Federal Registration Service for the Republic of Karelia.
The Department performs the following functions concerning:
- State registration of rights to immovable property and transactions involving such property;
- supervision of activity of self-regulatory organization of valuers, oversight (supervision ) of activity of arbitration managers, self-regulatory organization of arbitration managers;
- land surveying and cartography;
- State cadastral registration of immovable property;
- real property appraisal;
- land tenure and monitoring of lands.